Paid Sick Time for Six New Jersey Cities
In response to local New Jersey ordinances, we have added seven Paid Sick Time policies to the New Jersey Handbook Builder. The policies are provided for those employers who have the requisite number of employees who work at least 80 hours a year in these jurisdictions. Note that these policies apply solely to the extent they provide greater benefits/rights on any specific issue or issues than the general Paid Sick Time policy.
Paid Sick Time provisions are provided for the following jurisdictions:
- Bloomfield, effective June 30, 2015;
- East Orange, effective January 6, 2015;
- Irvington, effective January 7, 2015;
- Montclair, effective March 4, 2015;
- Passaic, effective December 31, 2014;
- Paterson, effective January 7, 2015; and
- Trenton, effective March 4, 2015.